Subject: Legal Brief on surrogacy in Cross-Border Recognition of Parenthood
From: "Matthieu Bruynseels" <[email-masked]>
To: "Justiitsministeerium"
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2024 17:07:21 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Honourable Minister,

The Justice and Home Affairs Council meeting on 14 June in Brussels will 
discuss the proposal for a Regulation on the establishment and recognition 
of parentage in cross-border situations (COM(2022)695).

Ahead of this ministerial meeting, the Belgian Presidency proposed a Public 
Policy exemption to address reservations expressed by some Member States on 
surrogacy.

You will find in attachment a short paper that describes reservations about 
the proposed amendments' potential to solve concerns and problems related to 
surrogacy. The detrimental positions of children and surrogate mothers 
remain unchanged.

We hope that it can be useful to you and your government.

I remain available for any questions that may arise.

Yours faithfully,

-- 

Matthieu Bruynseels
Executive Director - Europe for Family
(00 32) 494 66 23 30
@EuropeforFamily
TR nbr. 74289515854-03
  <https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/mail-sig/AIorK4ww4gAwN9bu-PcLEsBZHF9SNT5-WDx_zcEuyeEQC_Osz6f7J2n_pu82PVpb4xEVUuWmQktidqo>